Each student will have the chance to calibrate micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and test indicators and document the results. Other gages (bore, height, pin/plug, etc.) will be covered if students wish. Gages and standards for use in class will be supplied. Students are encouraged to bring their own instruments such as micrometers, indicators, or calipers, to work on.
- Quality system calibration requirements
- How to make your calibration system work for you and your customers without overdoing it
- The factors of measurement uncertainty and how to control them.
- Achieving traceability to national standards (N.I.S.T.)
- Overview of calibration terminology & documentation and the value of data retention
- Overview of working standards for M&TE calibration
- Internal and external calibration auditing
- Proper use and handling of gage blocks
- Review of English/Metric measurement terminology
- Interpreting flatness and parallelism in micrometers using optical parallels and mono-chromatic lights
- Calibration procedures and tolerances for M&TE
- Calibration labels and stickers; establishing cycle times
- Review of precision measurement: class exercises
Productivity Quality Inc
15150 25th Ave N, Plymouth, MN 55447
Start/End Time: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Comments: Seminar includes course materials and certificate of completion.
Call to schedule