Home » Employment Opportunities
Productivity Quality, Inc. (PQI) is the Upper Midwest distributor for many of the best-known names in metrology – Brown & Sharpe, Optical Gaging Products, Renishaw, Heidenhain, Mahr Federal, Mitutoyo. The products we sell range from CMMs and video measurement systems down to hand measurement tools and hard gaging. We also offer calibration services for measurement systems, gages and machine tools. Our subsidiary, Advanced Inspection Services, is the leading contract dimensional inspection service in our area, with customers nationwide.
To apply for a position, please send us an e-mail at Keith.Summers@pqi.net with your resume attached.
Full Time Positions
Senior Inspector/Team Lead
Senior Quality Inspector is responsible for the proper application of software and equipment resulting in accurate and repeatable measurement data. The position requires the individual to have a good understanding of GD&T, PCDMIS CMM programming skills and supervisory or team lead experience. Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years of inspection experience and skilled in blueprint reading and Excel. This is a 2nd shift position. Additional training will be provided depending on candidate’s experience. Advanced Inspection Services is a leading provider of contract dimensional inspection services in the upper Midwest.
Quality Inspector is responsible for the proper application of software and equipment resulting in accurate and repeatable measurement data. The position requires the individual to have a good understanding of GD&T, Vision CMM systems and if possible, PCDMIS touch probe systems. Applicants should have 2 years of inspection experience and skilled in blueprint reading and Excel. This is a 2nd shift position. Additional training will be provided depending on candidate’s experience. Advanced Inspection Services is a leading provider of contract dimensional inspection services in the upper Midwest.
Productivity Quality Inc. (PQI) is looking for a Machine Tool Probe Installation Tech.
PQI is the largest Renishaw machine tool probe retrofitter with thousands of installations in the United States, Mexico, Canada and other International locations. We are looking for self-motivated individuals that are up for the challenge. This person would be responsible for installing Spindle and Tool Setting Probes on a variety of machine tools out in the field at our highly valued client companies. This is a full time position.
* Perform installations of Renishaw Probing systems in customer machine tools.
* Install and setup software in customer machine tool control. Trouble shoot and correct any issues in the function of the system.
* Write inspection routines and test installations to ensure systems are in proper working order.
* Train customer personnel on the use or the system. Assist in programming initial routines.
* Communicate changes in instructions or wiring schematics to coworkers.
* Recommend any updates to machine tool probing procedures for accuracy and
* On-going training will be available for the right person stepping into this exciting
* Ensure that customer needs and expectations are being met in a timely cost effective
* Good character, flexible, positive, adaptable, problem solver, and open to learning
* Written and verbal communication skills, including interaction with clients and
* Analytical skills for identifying and solving problems on-site at our client companies.
* Interpersonal communications skills and possess the ability to work independently.
* Computer and software tools efficiency (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.).
* Deal with technical documentation (i.e. ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation).
* Previous experience with electrical wiring or running CNC machine tools.
* Math skills required, in both English and Metric systems.
* Experience in G-Code or Macro Programming.
* Attention to detail, methodical and well organized.
* 75% US and International travel.
We are always on the look out for experienced professionals who can support our needs for PC DMIS programming both in our lab and at customer sites. This includes short term contract work and part time employment.